Reuters – World leaders have expressed their shock after President Donald Trump’s supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol building as Congress met to certify the results of the November 3, 2020 election, where Joe Biden has prevailed in the Electoral College challenges on January 6, 2021. Many Trump supporters and conservatives have been stewing about what this all means. One point of agreement is that there needs to be a come to Jesus moment in conservative America.
In review, perhaps the following can all be true or at least mostly true concerning the events on the ground that have occurred:
- Antifa may have mixed with the Trump supporters and may have very well been the prime instigators of the chaos in DC.
- The Capital police (swamp controlled or not) may have stood down to allow the chaos in DC to unfold to; a.) disrupt the Electoral College challenges, and b.) embarrass Trump and his supporters.
- Trump did not call for any violence to occur by asking his supporters to march to the capitol building – they have every right to do so. In general, most Trump supporter rallies have been peaceful in the past. In terms of damages, the chaos in DC was far less than what we saw in the BLM/Antifa riots of 2020, though it is horrific for any group to storm a revered American institution. This was mainstream media hypocrisy.
- No Trump supporter at the rally, as far as reports show us, attacked any individuals in an effort to hurt them, unlike what we saw with BLM/Antifa riots in 2020.
- No this was not some right-wing coup or an insurrection, it was a few people doing stupid things. The large majority of Trump supporters at the January 6, 2021 protest were peaceful. The mainstream media is trying to gaslight the public.
- Yes, Trump supporters are justified in their frustrations to have our lawmakers hear their grievances relative to what they believe is massive election fraud in the 2020 presidential elections – though should have been done in a more civil manner. To date, this has yet to happen to any meaningful degree.
- Yes, Trump has done many good things for the country, and a potential Biden presidency will be horrific for the nation.
- Yes, Trump has stated that there will be an orderly transfer of power – so we can stop the military talk.
BUT, given all these points, who is to blame? It wasn’t Trump, but a few misguided Trump supporters who thought they could take the law into their own hands. By their own actions, they threw Trump under the bus and the whole MAGA movement. It wasn’t Antifa, the DC Police, Mike Pence, the swamp, BLM that did this. It was these fringe “nutters.” Was this woman, Ashli Babbitt (see below – and here her rap sheet), who unfortunately got herself killed Antifa? Was the entire group at the Capital Building Antifa? Do not join with these fringe “nutters” who will not take any personal responsibility and besmirch the conservative movement. STOP!
— Mike Gee (@MikeyGee2020) January 6, 2021
The results of this are causing events to spin out of control. Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer is calling for the president’s cabinet to make use of the 25th Amendment to declare President Donald Trump unfit for office and put Vice President Mike Pence in charge – after Trump fueled what he called an ‘insurrection’ mob. Republican congressman Adam Kinzinger demanded Mike Pence and the Cabinet remove Donald Trump by invoking the 25th Amendment immediately. With only a few more days to go, Trump administration appointees are already abandoning ship – Elaine Chao, and Mick Mulvaney, to name a few. First lady Melania Trump’s Chief of Staff and Press Secretary, Stephanie Grisham, has resigned.
Trump supporters have gone from “deplorable” to “toxic.”
Revenge is coming – it is already starting – see here. Look, the United States is making a hard turn to the Left. As we know, this spells disaster for our future. Wallowing in these types of denial activities to score political points is counterproductive. Conservatism is not about a personage, rather a battle for the mind and the ideas that will make a better society.
Does this mean we sit back and accept Joe Biden and the Leftist agenda? Are we suggesting that we throw Trump under the bus? Not at all. Efforts to put integrity back into the voting process is paramount. But it is more than this. We must have credible standing to be able to make the arguments for conservative values. Engage to true the media – certainly, the Right Wire Report will. Not to even speak of the work at our local levels to bring in the right candidates to our government that can make this happen. So put your gun away. There is much work to do – let’s not be lazy and get to it.
The Right Wire Report unequivocally condemns the lawlessness and violence we all witnessed at the Capitol building in Washington D.C. on Wednesday (January 6, 2021) as we have done so for each episode of BLM/Antifa rioting in our country the last year.
It is time to regroup and begin to plan the conservative movement to take back what we have lost. Wallowing in blame deflection, endless theories, and “what-about-isms” will not be helpful. Yes, it is a come to Jesus moment.